There is something special about our preschool. . .
We celebrate life in Christ through God’s love and His creation. All preschool staff profess their faith as a living testimony while they model His love. College Avenue Preschool and Daycare is committed to providing a Christian learning environment with loving, caring and nurturing teachers. Play is the most natural learning mode for a child; therefore, our program is designed to enrich learning through your child’s senses. When children feel good about themselves and about their school, they will learn. We offer a year-round program. College Avenue Preschool and Daycare has been owned and operated by College Avenue Baptist Church for over 30 years. It is a tuition supported, non-profit religious organization licensed by the State of California.
We Aim to
This is a text block. Click the edit button to change this text.
- This school is just the best; I feel great leaving my twins at this school. Plus my older son attended as well for 3 years. My kids run in and hug the teachers in the morning and are always excited to go to school. Which I see as a perfect sign that things are done right at this school. All the teachers seem to enjoy and know all the kids, even kids not in their classroom. The director of this school is very professional, always friendly, approachable, helpful and flexible in working with your schedule.Charlotte Y.Parent
- "We love College Avenue Preschool! My son graduated from CAPS and now my daughter attends. We feel safe placing our children at CAPS because we know they are nurtured and taught well by their teachers. The classrooms always put out stimulating activities and their artwork is showcased beautifully. My children were never bored of the well-shaded playground because of the different rotating play stations. Lara and Alexis know each child by name, as well as their siblings that don't attend the school! They anticipate the needs of the families and readily accommodate when they can. We are thankful for this school and the staff that care for our children!"Sue LeeParent
- "I cannot begin to say enough good things about College Avenue Preschool! Over the course of 6 years I have had three children attend College Avenue, and every year has been a joy. To begin with, the facilities are amazing and well-kept. Each class room is equipped with a variety of activities and sensory tables that challenge the children, not to mention the playground that is far superior to other day care playgrounds that I have seen. Most importantly, however, is the love and the care that my children have received from the staff at College Avenue. Every day that I bring my child to school, I leave knowing that she is safe, well cared for, and loved!!! The preschool director has bent over backwards to accommodate our family's needs and I could not be more grateful. I highly recommend College Avenue to any family looking for a loving, nurturing, and stimulating environment for their child."Sarah HillParent
- "I have had the opportunity to have three out of four of my children attend CAPS and we have been so very happy with our experience there. From the office personnel to the teachers and their aides everyone has been friendly, loving and extremely nurturing. All of my children have thrived under their care and love."Ami PowellParent
- "As we enter our 5th year at College Avenue Preschool, the teachers have become an important part of our lives. It is reassuring to have any and all questions answered and our fears of leaving our first "baby" were immediately assuaged with Lara's loving manner and genuine care for EACH and EVERY child who is part of the program. As a result of College Avenue Preschool's commitment to their students, our son and daughter have blossomed socially, emotionally, and academically. More importantly, our children have been given a gift they will carry with them for the rest of their lives and one that is irreplaceable as they mature into young adults. Thanks to College Avenue Preschool, both have developed a true love for learning and solid educational foundations to continue to build upon!"Danielle CastagnolaParent
- "Our son has attended the preschool since the Fall of 2009, when he was 2, and now, he is currently in the pre-kindergarten class, and will continue at College Avenue until he leaves for kindergarten. In the Spring of 2009 I was casually talking to my friend about preschools, and my interest in enrolling Noah in a preschool program with a Christian base, and she recommended looking into College Avenue as her sons were attending and she highly recommended the school, the curriculum, the teachers and the aides. I had a list of 2 schools to look into initially; College Avenue was the second on the list to check out. I had planned on researching other schools as well, but after visiting College Avenue I knew it was the place for Noah. We have been extremely pleased with the responsive, friendly and genuinely interested teachers. Each teacher takes their time with each child, really caring about their advancement and growth. The aides and staff are always willing to listen to questions and comments, and offer valuable advice to us with different issues. Sometimes Noah will say things that shock me, things I didn’t even know he knew, and he always tells me “I learned that from school, Mommy”. I can’t express how happy and how blessed we feel to have had Noah at school here. I know he’s not only learning things that will have him readily prepared for kindergarten, but he learns about God and other important Christian lessons that will serve him well in the years to come. College Avenue is Noah’s “home away from home”. Our youngest, who will be 2 in October 2012, will definitely be attending the preschool, and I look forward to him learning and experiencing what great things this school has to offer."Amy LewisParent